These classes are fun and interactive and will teach you everything you will need to know to feel informed, empowered and ready for when your birth begins - they are not hippified hypnobirthing classes as you might expect!
Class sizes are kept small so that we can keep the group nice and comfortable: no more than 5 x couples per course (maximum 10 people). If you would like to attend as an individual then you are more than welcome to.
This is what we will cover in a full course:
- The science of birth and how our brain & biology play a big role in birth
- How to build a positive mindset for birth
- Your birth options and choices and how to create a positive birth environment
- How to write a birth preparation/plan and what to include
- Birth positions and techniques to help baby get into optimal birth position
- Perineum massage, what it is and how to support your pelvic floor
- How to do your own research and understand risk
- Your birth rights and advocacy tips- so you feel informed and confident in making birth choices that are right for you and your family
- Inductions and interventions and what they are and how to make it a positive experience for you and your partner.
- Your Pain relief options
- All stages of labour
- Third stage of labour and your options (including birthing the placenta, cord clamping & Vitamin K
- Golden hour and skin to skin
- How to support your baby’s transition to the outside world
- Postnatal planning and what to expect from the ‘Fourth trimester’
What else is included?
- A gorgeous goodie bag to take home including some lovely treats for you and your baby
- Client handbook by The Birth Uprising full of information and tips
- A selection of relaxing and empowering MP3s to listen to at home
- Members area including additional resources
- Pre-recorded workshops on baby massage, breastfeeding support, sling carrying, weaning and Yoga.
- The Birth Uprising digital pack (worth £45) completely free!
- Course Group WhatsApp group
- All group face to face courses include a complimentary 1 hour shopping experience at the lovely Alf & Co and where you can chat and shop with your group at the end of the course before your final class begins.
- Invitation to private Facebook group & ad-hoc coffee mornings, picnics and local walks if you would like to join
- My ongoing support from the time you book with me to however long you would like me around for!