About Adventures in Oceanography Camp
Our theme for this camp is Adventures in Oceanography - Marine Biology.
This Camp is suitable for children ages 4-14 years old. The children will be split into two groups 4-7 years old and 8-12 years old (separately taught, age-adjusted content).
The topics we will cover over the week are:
Day 1 – Monday, 13 February 2023
• The Deep Ocean and Incredible Recent Discoveries!
• Who wants to be a Marine Biologist?
• The Science of Swimming
• The Anatomy of the Ocean
• Mysterious Hydrothermal Vents
• The Origins of Life in the Oceans
Day 2 – Tuesday, 14 February 2023
• Intelligent Octopuses and Squids
• The Sea Turtles: a Phenomenon of Nature
• The Moon and the Ocean
• How do Gills Work
• Oceanic Food Chains
• How Mighty Kelp Forests Can Save The Planet
Day 3 – Wednesday, 15 February 2023
• How to Build Submarines
• Frozen Oceans and life under and above the ice
• Amazing Jellyfish
• How Whales and Dolphins Can Teach us About Echolocation
Day 4 – Thursday, 16 February 2023
• The Science of Waves and How the Waves Shape the World.
• The Wonderful World of Sharks
• How the Moon interacts with the Ocean
• Animal Superpower: Bioluminescence and How it Works
• What Are Oceanic Currents?
Day 5 – Friday, 17 February 2023
• Water Cycles and how the Oceans Shapes the Weather
• What is Deep Sea Symbiosis?
• The Biology of Coral Reefs
• Jacques Cousteau, Sylvia Earle, Orla Doherty and Other Ocean Explorers We Should Know About
• Microplastic Pollution and Its Impact on the Marine Life
Full Week: £480, Daily Rate: £98 (free early drop-off from 8.30 am)
Current Term Dates
13 February 2023 - 17 February 2023