Whippersnappers aim to provide a diverse cultural platform from which children and adults of all ages, needs and backgrounds can express and educate themselves through music, sports and art.
Aims and objectives:
- To provide workshops and performances in music, dance, art, and theatre to schools, nurseries, one o’clock clubs and community organisations.
- To provide work experience, training and employment for teenagers, young people, people with special needs, lone parents, professionals, and individuals.
- To take people out of their urban environment and bring them to green open spaces where they can take part in indoor and outdoor activities.
- To provide social cohesion within the community through culturally diverse activities and theatrical productions.
- To enable and empower complementary community groups and activities by providing affordable community space for hire.
- To be committed to creating and producing new artistic work of the highest professional standard
On the edge of Dulwich Park by College Gate stands the old Victorian Park keeper’s Lodge. A Magical ‘Gingerbread House’ where each year Father Christmas and his Elves climb down the chimney and entertain children with their Winter Wonderland Experience.
This year Father Christmas and his Elves will be helping Whippersnappers raise money to support their work at the Lodge delivering activities for children with disabilities in 2023.
On arrival, guests will be greeted by Santa’s elves who will serve them mulled wine, hot chocolate and mince pies in the Wyld Woods.
Children and grownups can climb into Santa’s sleigh and take their own festive Sleigh photographs before being led through the garden gate to join in with our festive immersive theatre event.
First, it’s a visit to The No 1 Elf Radio Station’s Yurt where we will be doing some karaoke Christmas singing with our musical Elves. Live music and open mic and a vote for the most popular Christmas song this year.
Then it’s a complimentary ticket to enter our Vintage cinema where you will be given your own bag of popcorn and watch our original Whippersnappers Christmas silent movie called “4 Minutes to Go”.
Enjoy a sneaky preview of what has been going on behind the scenes before we opened our Winter wonderland event 2022.
Next an invitation to visit Mrs Claus’s kitchen where the children will decorate Traditional Gingerbread Christmas Tree decorations and spend some quality time with Mrs Claus and Snow shine the wise elf.
Following Santa’s Sooty Footsteps upstairs to the Wonderland Waiting Room, the children meet Starfrost our Christmas Tree Fairy who gets busy painting faces with her fairy dust.
Children write or draw a Christmas Wish for Santa to hang on his tree, build a ‘snowman’ and play a few Victorian pantry games.
Santa’s Elf will ring his bell to call each child and their family into Santa’s Grotto to meet the man himself.
Meeting the big man in red the children hang their Christmas Wishes on his tree, and with special Santa words of wisdom receive a magical personalised present.
Then it’s downstairs to our Christmas toy shop clutching Santa’s present to pick up the children’s Gingerbread Christmas tree decorations they decorated with Mrs Claus.
Your Whippersnapper Winter Wonderland experience will last a minimum of one hour but please allow for the time to be extended to one and a half hours as timing depends on whether you visit Santa first or last within your allocated slot.
A specialised winter wonderland experience, Santa’s Meet and Greet, sessions will be available to book for Baby and Toddlers.
- Complimentary refreshments upon arrival – Mulled Wine or Hot Chocolate with a Mince Pie
- A photo opportunity in Santa’s sleigh
- Karaoke Christmas Experience in the yurt
- Cinema experience in the cabin – including popcorn
- Decorate & take home your own Gingerbread Tree Decoration with Mrs Claus
- Face-painting with Christmas Tree Fairy
- A visit to the man himself, Santa Claus
- A present from Santa
- A digital family photo with Santa (£8 printout picture available)
£27 – Child / £16 – Adult
Suitable for boys and girls, aged 3 to 7 and their siblings.
The experience last 1 hour 15 minutes but allow up to 1 hour 45 minutes (Finish time depends on whether you are the first or last family in your group to visit Father Christmas)
Interactive workshops will be led in small groups
21st December: Session times from 10.15am with our last session of the day at 4.15pm
22nd December: Session times from 11.15am with our last session of the day at 4.15pm